Corey and I have been sick this past week. I have not gone to work in two days (well went to work for an hour and then came home on day one).

Up until this morning we have been laying around the house like the living dead. We are just waiting on Daddy to get sick, too since we are both feeling so much better.
Meanwhile, Corey has been amusing himself by making trips back and forth from our water cooler and my water glass; adding a thimble worth of water to it each time. To be specific it is not a thimble but a shape (seal) that goes to his shape sorting toy.
Then, of course, there is Shrek, which we have watched four times today (twice yesterday). It is not just watching Shrek that keeps him occupied. Corey also mimics many of the scenes
and dances along with the music. He is right on key when Princess kills the bird in that screeching voices of hers. Sometimes I feel like my ears are bleeding betwenn the TV and Corey's "singing" or shrieking.
But, by far, the best thing today was when Corey locked himself in the
bathroom.
It got awfully quiet and I went in search for our boy wonder. I called his name, checked all possible escape routes and at last I heard, behind the closed bathroom door, a small splash.
You may ask why I did not think of the bathroom first, well, that is because
we keep the door closed to keep Corey out of the toilet (see: Potty Mouth). Someone, (me, in my fever daze) apparently left the door open to which Little Master Corey closed and then locked said bathroom door.
After the initial shock and while deciding if I should laugh or cry I took the door knob off the door and there was Corey happy as can be. He had no
idea what had happened. I did call Kenneth while looking for a screw driver for a little bit of parental solidarity. He laughed and then stopped when he realized the situation. Right away he remembered all the things he had done to his mother and I hope he phones her and apologizes! I know I am and so should you if you ever did the same, lol.
Yes, I am ignoring the "small splash" because I all ready know what it was and where he had been playing. I prefer to think he was just trying to get at the toilet paper.
9.19.2007
Snot Nose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I apologize to my mom several times a year at least!
ReplyDeletewhat goes around comes around I remember saying it will come back to you HAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete