As most of you know, we have been working on potty training with Corey and I am so excited to say that he finally used the potty last week!
Several weeks ago, Corey found his potty chair in the basement and brought it upstairs (all by himself). Corey is very tall and we had bought a seat for him to sit on the toilet because the potty chair it self seem to gross him out. Anyway... Corey brought the potty up and put it in our living room where he had his stuffed frog using it while he sat across from frog to "help" him. This went on for several hours (or what felt like) and then he finally took it into his bedroom where he put it near the diaper pail. I did not think much of this because well because I just did not care and I did not want to get my hopes up lol. Besides, company was coming and our house was in no shape to be seen!
After a while I realized that things were quite, so I went on the hunt and found Master Corey sitting on his potty chair and with a closer look I realized he was sans diaper, too. "Corey!" I exclaimed, "Where is your diaper!" And to this he replied, "The diaper pail, mom!"
With this we moved the potty chair and the diaper pail into the bathroom and for the rest of the weekend he would take his diaper off, put it in the pail and plop on to the chair. All the while he would ask, "How do I get the water to come out?" or my favorite, "Help! Help me get the water out." To that I told him to ask his father. Did I mention that every time he went to use the potty was after he had all ready went in the diaper?
Monday rolled around and that put an end to all that! Aside from one time after his nap at the babysitters he had not used the potty in two weeks. He would not even look sideways at the potty chair. He did develop a fascination for the potty board books that we have and beg ad nauseam for them to be read (which we cheerfully obliged).
This brings us to last night.
Kenneth and I were watching TV and we hear from the bedroom, “I need to go potty”. Which we ignored. I am not falling for that one again! We then hear, “the water is coming, the water is coming!” To this I said well go do what you have to do all the while thinking that he just wants to be up and he will come in into the living room surely not use the potty. Low and behold he is running to the bathroom and I hear giggles.
To my surprise there was Master Corey sitting on his potty, proud as proud can be and yes he used the potty. The real surprise will be if he keeps this up. Preschool here we come!

(this is when we first started trying but how can you not just love this!)
No comments:
Post a Comment